Pound Gates were approached earlier this year by a self-storage firm looking to use insurance as a additional revenue stream, but deeply concerned by the regulation involved with insurance sales and lost in the various options that are available.
After providing some initial consultancy and reviewing the current risk profile of the business, Pound Gates produced a clear report with definitive recommendations.
Included within the report were:
- An outline of the unique sales system utilised by other Pound Gates’ clients and used in our own business.
- Training materials and timetable to ensure the staff are completely clear on the “do’s and don’ts” of self-storage insurance sales.
- Draft documentation which could be rolled out to all locations electronically and in hard copy immediately.
- Options in terms of self-insurance.
- Details of coverage for all other aspects of their business.
Pound Gates were appointed as their brokers for not only the customers’ goods insurance but also for the asset protection, liability, fleet and financial protection insurances for the self-storage company and the wider business operations.